Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Few Things

I have some updates in the world of Emma. There's nothing spectacular, just a few tidbits I found interesting as they occurred.

She knows the word "pizza." I already knew she liked pizza, I just didn't know she knew how to say it; so it surprised me when she came hauling ass across the room and threw herself in my lap as I was crushing a slice and she just yells out "PIZZA!" replete with a "P," which is significant because the next 30 times she yelled out "pizza!" there were no P's, so it sounded more like "eeeetsa!" but we all got the drift.

She can trot. She can't sprint or even jog, but she knows how to trot. Yesterday we were walking around the house and she strolls up to a neighbor's patio door and points at it. I wasn't sure what she was getting at, but just then a small dog behind the door started barking and I'll be damned if she didn't turn tail and trot down the sidewalk right at me, terrified.

She loves peek-a-boo, popsicles, and the theme from Flash Gordon by Queen. In fact, when I sing it to her, she does the lilting "aaaah ahhh!" right after "Flash!" and it is hilarious.

That's all for now.

No comments: