Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Primer

Welcome! If you're here then you probably know who I am. If you don't know who I am, well, I'm not telling so forget about it. I used to post to a blog called The Santa Barbara Minority Report, but after a six month hiatus between January and June 2008 I decided to take things in another direction. There are just not enough funny things going on in local politics to drive that brand. Of course I can still offer you my insight on those subjects, but I felt it was finally necessary to mine other prospects for material. I therefore present to you My 33 Cents.

You might say to yourself, "Why 33 cents?" to which I would answer that I tried to secure two cents, then three, then four, all the way up to nine, until I decided to pick a really high number that I figured nobody had taken. I think about Larry Bird a lot, so I picked the number 33.



The gist of this blog will be nothing more than commentary on the things I see and hear around me. I will ask questions, and I will answer questions. I will ruminate on the profane and the absurd, and on the mundane and the boring. I am a verbophile, which makes me a spelling and a grammar cop, so be careful if you don't want to get flamed, but of course please feel free to expose your abject stupidity to the masses by not knowing the difference between then and than, affect and effect, if you must.

I encourage as much feedback as I can get from the readership, so please feel free to contribute in the comments sections of the upcoming posts. I hereby declare that anything goes in the comments, and unless I personally find your comments to be seriously offensive to me personally, they will stand. If you know me at all, then you know it will take some pretty horrendous shit for me to hit the delete button on your comment, so have at it you abortion cannibals.

I'm back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

By my calculations, that's one new blog for every 10 page views. Pathetic.