Thursday, June 26, 2008

Death Pool

My wife and a couple of her friends, plus myself, thought it would be fun to do a death pool. We determined a draft order and we each chose five famous people who we thought would die in the next year. There were some interesting choices, to be sure. The picks were weighted. For example, should my first round pick suddenly expire I would receive five scratch tickets from each of the players for my good fortune. If my second round pick croaked I would get four tickets from each player, etc. down to the fifth round pick's demise earning me one scratch ticket from each person. I already have a winner, since I picked Bo Diddley (may he rest in peace) with my fourth round pick.

Here are the results of our draft, first round picks being listed first:

Ty's picks
John Wooden
Margaret Thatcher
Dick Clark
Beverly Cleary
Dick Cheney






Susanne's picks
Britney Spears
Fidel Castro
Nancy Reagan
Michael Richards
Queen Elizabeth II




Kristi's picks
Amy Winehouse
Kirk Douglas
Zsa Zsa Gabor
Barack Hussein Obama
Madonna






MC Confrontation's picks
Patrick Swayze
George Steinbrenner
Ariel Sharon
Bo Diddley DEAD!
Pervez Musharraf







God bless his ass for making classic films like The Outsiders and Roadhouse, but Patrick, will you take a dirt nap already? Please?

No comments: